Presentations and Professional Development
I can speak on many different topics for many different audiences, in both in-person and online formats -- this is just a selection of my most popular presentations. Contact me to discuss your groupís specific interests and needs.
- Myths and Realities about Giftedness
- Social-Emotional Needs of Gifted Children
- The Cheetah on the Couch: Therapy with the Gifted Client
- Dialogue With the Ideal: Understanding, Coping With, and Harnessing Perfectionism
- The Motivational ARC (motivation, giftedness, and multiple exceptionality)
- Addressing the Academic Needs of Gifted Students, Without Losing Your Mind or Busting Your Budget
- Teaching Cheetahs to Hunt: Practical Advice for Teaching Executive Functioning and Academic Skills for Gifted and Twice-Exceptional Kids
- Executive Functioning at Home and School
- Ownerís Guide to Your Brain (executive functioning for kids)
- The School and Home as Extended Family
- Living Opera: Gifted Family Dynamics
- Introduction to Cognitive and Academic Assessment
- Statistical Literacy: Where Do the Scores Come From and What Do They Mean?
- Help! My 6-Year-Old Canít Read! Should I Panic? (cognitive underpinnings of reading and how to recognize early signs of dyslexia)